Queen’s University Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship | Study In Canada
The Queen’s University Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship offered to international students who are applying to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate programs at Queen’s University in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
The scholarship is awarded based on academic excellence, with preference given to candidates who have achieved outstanding academic results in their previous studies.
About Queen’s University
Queen’s University is a public research university located in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. It was founded in 1841 by the Royal Charter of Queen Victoria and is named after her. Queen’s University is known for its excellent academic programs, research, and student experience.
The university offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in various fields, including arts, science, engineering, business, law, education, and health sciences. It has approximately 23,000 students, including over 4,000 international students from more than 100 countries.
Queen’s University is consistently ranked among the top universities in Canada and the world. It is a member of the prestigious U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities and is recognized for its strong research culture and high-quality teaching. Queen’s is also known for its vibrant campus life, with a wide range of student clubs and organizations, sports teams, and cultural activities.
The university’s motto is “Sapientia et Doctrina Stabilitas,” which means “Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.”
#see: Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) For Women In Computer Science 2023
The Queen’s University Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship provides several benefits to eligible recipients, including:
Full Tuition Fee Coverage: The scholarship covers the full tuition fee for the first year of study, which can significantly reduce the financial burden for international students.
Renewable: The scholarship is renewable for subsequent years of study, subject to the student’s academic performance. This provides ongoing financial support and motivation for students to continue to excel academically.
Merit-Based: The scholarship is awarded based on academic excellence, which recognizes and rewards students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievements in their previous studies.
Prestige: Receiving the Queen’s University Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship is a significant accomplishment and adds prestige to a student’s academic profile, which can enhance their future career prospects.
Networking Opportunities: As a scholarship recipient, students may have access to networking opportunities with other scholarship recipients, academic staff, and industry professionals, which can further enhance their career prospects.
To be eligible for the Queen’s University Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an international student: The scholarship is available to students who are not from the UK or EU.
- Have an offer of admission to a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program at Queen’s University Belfast.
- Meet the academic requirements: Students must have achieved the equivalent of A*AA or above at A-Level or the equivalent in their previous studies.
- Not be in receipt of any other fully-funded scholarships: Students who are already receiving full funding for their tuition fees from other sources are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Meet any other eligibility criteria specified by the scholarship provider.
It is important to note that meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee the scholarship award, as the competition for scholarships is usually high, and the selection process is rigorous.
Therefore, applicants are advised to apply early and ensure they provide all required documentation and meet all eligibility criteria.
The required documents for the Queen’s University Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship application may vary depending on the program and level of study, but generally include:
Proof of academic achievement: Students must provide evidence of their academic qualifications, such as transcripts, certificates, or exam results.
Offer of admission: Applicants must have an offer of admission to a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program at Queen’s University Belfast.
Personal statement: Students may be required to submit a personal statement outlining their academic and career goals, as well as any relevant achievements, skills, and experiences.
References: Applicants may be required to provide references from academic or professional sources.
English language proficiency: International students whose first language is not English must provide evidence of their English language proficiency through a recognized English language test, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
Passport or national ID: Students must provide a copy of their passport or national ID to verify their identity and nationality.
- Any other supporting documents as required by the scholarship provider.
It is important to carefully review the application requirements and ensure that all required documents are provided in the correct format and within the specified deadline.
How To Apply Online
To apply for the Queen’s University Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship online, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of Queen’s University Belfast and navigate to the scholarship page.
- Review the eligibility criteria and required documents carefully.
- Create an account or login to the Queen’s University Belfast online application system.
- Complete the application form, providing all required personal and academic information.
- Upload the required documents, including academic transcripts, offer of admission, personal statement, references, English language proficiency test results, passport or national ID, and any other supporting documents.
- Submit the application form and pay any applicable application fee.
- Wait for the scholarship selection committee to review the application and announce the results.
Applicants may also be required to attend an interview or provide additional information during the selection process.
#see: Aston University Scholarship | Study In The UK 2023
8 June 2023 at 15:00 BST