NSP Scholarships 2022-2023 (Apply Now!)
Are you looking for a scholarship that is funded by the government? You’ve come to the right article, as in this one, we are going to be looking at a scholarship program called the National Scholarship Portal (NSP), which is funded by the Indian government and other government agencies in the country like UGC and AICTE.
Government-funded scholarships are one of the most popular and demanded in the world. Many students wish to apply to a government-funded program due to the high rewards they offer. So before we look into the application process and information on the NSP scholarship, let’s look into what the National Scholarship Portal is and its benefits.
What is the National Scholarship Portal?
NSP is a digital gateway for various government scholarship schemes offered by the central government, state governments, and other government agencies such as UGC and AICTE. It is a one-stop shop for students looking to apply for various educational schemes and scholarship services. The portal is in charge of overseeing the entire scholarship program’s implementation and disbursement.
For scholarship seekers who have registered on the National Scholarship Portal, there are 118 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores. Under the National e-Governance Plan, it is designated as a “Mission Mode Project” (NeGP). According to data released for the academic year 2022–23, NSP assisted the government in implementing and disbursing scholarships totaling over INR 2,800 crores (33.86 dollars) The platform has over 127 lakh (28,529.71 dollars) applications, of which over 84 lakh (18,870.04 dollars) have been verified.
#See: University Of East London Scholarships (Apply Now!!!)
Benefits of NSP
There are some benefits about the scholarship program, so below are the benefits:
- Because it is a single, integrated application for all scholarships, students do not have to navigate other websites to learn about eligibility or the application process.
- It aids in the reduction of application duplication.
- Because all of the information is available under one roof, NSP simplifies the scholarship process.
- NSP recommends appropriate schemes for students.
- It ensures that scholarships are processed more quickly.
It contributes to the standardization of master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
- It acts as a decision support system (DSS) for various ministries and departments, providing real-time demand information.
Scholarships You Could Be Interested In The National Scholarship Portal
- Pre-Matric Scholarship to OBC Students (starts December 31, 2022)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students (Classes IX and X) (starts December 31, 2022)
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children—Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) (starts December 25, 2022)
- Scheme for Award of Stipend to the ST Students (Starts December 25, 2022)
- Centrally Sponsored Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students (Classes 9 and 10) (starts February 28, 2023)
- Centrally Sponsored Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students (starts February 28, 2023)
How to Apply at the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022–2023
To register, all new users must go to the National Scholarship Portal’s home page.
- Select “New Registration.”
- Choose the desired option.
- The page Guidelines for Registration on NSP will be displayed.
- Examine the guidelines thoroughly.
- To proceed, click “Continue.”
- Fill in all of the required information.
- Click the “Register” button.
- The registered mobile number will receive a student application ID and password.
- Select the login tab.
- Enter the application ID and password sent to the registered phone number.
- The applicant will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number after successfully logging in.
- Verify the OTP.
- The applicant will be directed to the password change page.
- Continue by changing the password.
- After changing the password, the student will be directed to the applicant’s dashboard page.
- To begin the application, select “Application Form.”
- Fill in all registration, academic, and other required information.
- Select “Save & Continue.”
- Add contact information, scheme details, and any required documents.
- Once you’ve confirmed everything, click the “Final Submit” button.
Students must upload certain documents to complete the application process when applying for a scholarship on the NSP. Students are not required to upload any documents if the scholarship amount is less than INR 50,000. They must send a copy of the documents to their respective schools, colleges, and institutions.
#See: Hot Cake SGI Scholarships In Canada [2022-2023]
Students should keep the following documents on hand for all the scholarships:
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Bonafide student certificate from school or institute (if the school or institute is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
- Self-declaration certificate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Candidate’s mobile number