Simmons University offers the Kotzen Scholars Program, which is a merit-based scholarship program for undergraduate students.The Kotzen Scholars Program provides full-tuition scholarships to a select group of high-achieving students who demonstrate exceptional leadership potential and a commitment to making a positive impact on their communities.
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Host Institution: Simmons University
Study in: USA
To be eligible for the Kotzen Scholars Program, students must:
- Be a U.S citizen or permanent resident
- Be a first-time college student
- Have a strong academic record with a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Participate in extracurricular activities and have a record of leadership
- Be committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Have a financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The Kotzen Scholars Program at Simmons University provides a number of benefits to its recipients. The main benefit is a full-tuition scholarship, which covers the cost of tuition for four years of undergraduate study.
This scholarship is renewable for up to four years, provided the recipient maintains good academic standing and continues to meet the program’s eligibility requirements.
- In addition to the full-tuition scholarship, Kotzen Scholars also receive:
- Mentorship from Simmons University faculty, staff, and alumni
- Opportunities to participate in leadership development programs and workshops
- Opportunities for internships, research, and other experiential learning opportunities
- Priority registration for classes
- Access to a network of Kotzen Scholars alumni who can provide support and guidance as the student navigates college and beyond.
- The Kotzen Scholars program is designed to provide the scholarship recipients with the skills, resources and support they need to graduate from Simmons University with the knowledge, skills and experiences to become leaders in their chosen fields.
- The Program provides a comprehensive, holistic approach to the college experience to foster personal, academic and professional growth.
To apply for the Kotzen Scholars Program at Simmons University, students will need to submit the following documents:
- Completed Kotzen Scholars Program application form, which typically includes a personal statement, extracurricular activities, and leadership experiences.
- High school transcript: An official copy of the student’s high school transcript that shows the student’s grades, courses, and GPA.
- SAT or ACT scores: Self-reported scores from the SAT or ACT.
- Financial aid forms: A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Profile.
- Letters of recommendation: Typically two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or other adults who know the student well and can speak to their academic abilities and leadership potential.
- Other materials: Depending on the program, other materials may be required such as a portfolio, an essay, or a video.
It’s important to check the Simmons University website for detailed information on the application requirements and deadlines, as they may change from year to year. It’s also advisable to start the process well in advance of the deadline to ensure that all materials are received in time for consideration.
How To Apply
The application for the Kotzen Scholars Program is separate from the general application for admission to Simmons University. The scholarship application process typically opens in the fall and the deadline is usually in January.
Interested students should check the Simmons University website for more information on the application process and requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many scholarships are awarded each year?
The number of scholarships awarded each year varies and is determined by the number of qualified applicants and the availability of funding.
Is the scholarship only for students studying specific majors?
No, the scholarship is open to all undergraduate majors offered at Simmons University.
Can international students apply for the Kotzen Scholars Program?
No, the Kotzen Scholars Program is only open to U.S citizens or permanent residents
Can current Simmons University students apply for the scholarship?
No, the scholarship is only open to first-time college students.
Are Kotzen Scholars required to maintain a certain GPA?
Recipients of the scholarship are required to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 and to make steady progress towards their degree in order to remain eligible for the scholarship.
Are there any community service or volunteer requirements for Kotzen Scholars?
While there is no specific community service or volunteer requirement for Kotzen Scholars, the program is looking for students who have a commitment to making a positive impact on their communities.
What happens after I submit my application?
After submitting the application, the Kotzen Scholars Program review committee will review all the materials and select the finalists. Finalists will be invited for an interview.
The final selection of Kotzen Scholars will be made following the interviews.
It’s recommended that you check the Simmons University website for more information or contact the program directly with any questions or concerns.