McGill University in Montreal, Canada, is offering a new scholarship program known as the McCall MacBain Scholarships. The program aims to support talented and socially engaged students from around the world to pursue a graduate degree at McGill University.
The scholarships are open to applicants from any country and any field of study.
The scholarship program was established with a generous donation from John and Marcy McCall MacBain, who are both McGill alumni. The program aims to attract students who have demonstrated leadership skills, academic excellence, and a commitment to making a positive impact on society.
Each year, the program will award up to 50 scholarships to outstanding students who are pursuing a master’s, professional, or doctoral degree at McGill University. The scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition and fees, as well as a living stipend, travel expenses, and other support for personal and professional development.
The McCall MacBain Scholarships also include a unique and comprehensive enrichment program that will help students to develop their leadership skills, deepen their understanding of critical global issues, and expand their network of contacts and mentors.
The enrichment program includes leadership retreats, mentorship opportunities, and access to a global network of McCall MacBain Scholars and alumni.
The application process for the McCall MacBain Scholarships is highly competitive and rigorous. Applicants must submit a detailed application form, academic transcripts, two letters of recommendation, a personal essay, and other supporting materials. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in an online interview and assessment process.
The McCall MacBain Scholarships are a significant new initiative from McGill University that aims to attract and support some of the world’s most talented and socially engaged students.
The program offers a unique combination of financial support, enrichment opportunities, and a global network of mentors and peers. If you are a talented and socially engaged student looking to pursue a graduate degree, the McCall MacBain Scholarships could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
The McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships provide a range of benefits to successful applicants. Here are some of the key benefits:
- The scholarship covers all tuition and fees for a full-time master’s or professional degree program at McGill University.
- The scholarship provides a living stipend of $2,000 per month to cover accommodation, food, and other living expenses.
- Scholars receive mentorship and coaching from experienced leaders in their fields, as well as access to career development resources and networking opportunities.
- The program includes a comprehensive leadership development program, designed to help scholars build the skills and knowledge they need to make a positive impact in their chosen field.
- Scholars are encouraged to engage with the local community through volunteering and other activities, helping to build strong relationships and develop a deeper understanding of the issues facing the community.
- The scholarship provides opportunities for scholars to participate in international study programs, internships, and other activities that help to broaden their perspectives and deepen their understanding of global issues.
Overall, the McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships offer a comprehensive package of benefits that are designed to support scholars as they pursue their academic and professional goals, develop their leadership skills, and make a positive impact in their communities and the world.
To be eligible for the McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Canada, or have graduated from a Canadian university.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7/4.0 or equivalent.
- Applicants must demonstrate exceptional leadership potential and a commitment to making a positive impact in their communities and the world.
- Applicants must possess personal characteristics such as resilience, humility, intellectual curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow.
- Applicants must be no more than 30 years old as of September 1 of the year they apply.
- Applicants must be applying to a full-time master’s or professional degree program at McGill University.
- Applicants must meet the language proficiency requirements of the program they are applying to at McGill University.
Note that these are the general eligibility criteria for the scholarship, and there may be additional requirements depending on the specific program of study that the applicant is applying to. Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the program requirements and eligibility criteria before applying.
How To Apply Online
Here are the steps to apply for the McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships online:
- Visit the official website of the scholarship program and click on the “Apply” button to create an account.
- Answer a few questions to check if you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- Provide basic information about yourself, your academic background, and your intended program of study. This will help the program to determine your eligibility for the scholarship.
- If your preliminary application is successful, you will be invited to submit two essays and a video response. The essays should highlight your achievements, leadership skills, and future goals, while the video response should demonstrate your communication skills and ability to express yourself clearly.
- You will need to provide the contact information for two references who can attest to your academic and leadership abilities.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to participate in a video interview to further demonstrate your suitability for the scholarship.
- If you make it to the finalist stage, you will be invited to attend an in-person interview in Montreal.
- Successful applicants will be notified of their selection for the scholarship in the month of May.
It’s important to carefully read and follow the instructions provided on the McCall MacBain Scholarships application portal to ensure a successful application.
Additionally, applicants are encouraged to apply early and seek support from the program staff if needed.