Shasta College Foundation Scholarship | Study In California 2023
The Shasta College Foundation offers scholarships to international students who are studying at Shasta College in California, United States.
The foundation’s scholarship program is designed to provide financial support to students who have demonstrated academic excellence, financial need, and community involvement.
#see: Schengen Visa Application Process: How to Apply For A Visa To Europe
About Shasta College
Shasta College is a public community college located in Redding, California, United States. It was founded in 1950 and serves the residents of Shasta, Tehama, and Trinity counties.
The college offers over 100 degree and certificate programs in a variety of fields including business, education, health sciences, liberal arts, science and technology, and vocational education.
Shasta College has a student body of approximately 8,000 students and employs over 350 faculty and staff. The college has a main campus in Redding and satellite campuses in Burney and Weaverville. It also offers online courses and distance education programs.
The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) and is governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees.
Shasta College has a strong commitment to student success and offers a range of student support services including academic counseling, tutoring, and career services.
The Shasta College Foundation Scholarship for international students provides several benefits to eligible students, including:
Financial assistance: The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who have demonstrated financial need, making it easier for them to afford their education.
Academic recognition: The scholarship recognizes academic excellence by providing financial assistance to students who have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Opportunity to pursue education: The scholarship provides an opportunity for international students to pursue their education at Shasta College in California, United States.
Career opportunities: By completing their education at Shasta College, international students will have access to a wide range of career opportunities, both in the United States and internationally.
Community involvement: The scholarship encourages community involvement by requiring applicants to demonstrate their involvement in their community through their essay and letters of recommendation.
The Shasta College Foundation Scholarship for international students provides an opportunity for eligible students to pursue their educational goals and achieve academic and personal success.
#see: Cardiff University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
To be eligible for the Shasta College Foundation Scholarship for international students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an international student studying at Shasta College.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at Shasta College.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be in good standing with the college and maintain a satisfactory academic progress.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must submit a completed application along with all required documents by the deadline.
- Applicants must also submit a personal essay that outlines their academic and career goals, personal achievements, and financial need. They must also provide two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to their academic and personal achievements.
It’s important to note that meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that an applicant will be awarded the scholarship.
The scholarship program is competitive, and awards are based on a variety of factors, including the strength of the application, the number of applicants, and the availability of funds.
To apply for the Shasta College Foundation Scholarship for international students, applicants must submit the following required documents:
Completed application form: Applicants must complete and submit the scholarship application form, which can be found on the Shasta College Foundation website or obtained from the Shasta College International Student Program office.
Official transcripts: Applicants must provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, including Shasta College. The transcripts must be in English or accompanied by a certified English translation.
Personal essay: Applicants must submit a personal essay that outlines their academic and career goals, personal achievements, and financial need. The essay should be typed, double-spaced, and no longer than two pages.
Letters of recommendation: Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to their academic and personal achievements. The letters should be on letterhead and signed, and include the name, title, and contact information of the recommender.
Financial documentation: Applicants must provide documentation to demonstrate their financial need, such as bank statements, tax returns, or other financial documents.
It’s important to carefully review the application instructions and submit all required documents by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered for the scholarship.
How To Apply Online
To apply for the Shasta College Foundation Scholarship for international students online, follow these steps:
- Go to the Shasta College Foundation website and navigate to the scholarship section.
- Locate the scholarship application form for international students and click on it to download.
- Complete the application form, filling in all required fields and attaching any required documents, such as transcripts, essay, and letters of recommendation.
- Submit the completed application form and all required documents online using the submission link provided on the Shasta College Foundation website.
- Pay any required application fees, if applicable.
- Review the application submission confirmation page to ensure that your application has been successfully submitted.
- Wait for notification regarding your scholarship application. The Shasta College Foundation will notify successful applicants via email or phone.
It’s important to carefully review the application instructions and ensure that you provide all required information and documentation. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered for the scholarship.