Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) For Women In Computer Science 2023
The Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) for Women in Computer Science is a scholarship program designed to support and encourage women in computer science who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership potential. The scholarship is open to female undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in a computer science or related degree program at a university in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa.
The scholarship provides candidates with a financial award to help cover tuition fees and other educational expenses, as well as an opportunity to attend a virtual retreat hosted by Google (Scholarship Value: 7,000 EUR). The retreat includes workshops, talks, and networking opportunities with Google employees and other scholarship recipients.
Candidates are selected by a panel of Google employees and announced in the spring.
About Generation Google
Generation Google is a program that provides opportunities for students from underrepresented backgrounds to explore computer science and technology, and to connect with Google engineers and professionals. The program is designed to inspire and encourage students to pursue careers in tech, and to help them develop the skills and confidence needed to succeed in the field.
The Generation Google program includes a variety of initiatives and resources, such as scholarships, internships, mentorship, and career development opportunities. These programs are open to students from diverse backgrounds, including women, minorities, students with disabilities, and those from low-income families.
The Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) for Women in Computer Science provides several benefits for its recipients, including:
Financial support: The scholarship provides financial support to cover tuition fees and other educational expenses.
Opportunity to attend a virtual retreat: Recipients get the chance to attend a virtual retreat hosted by Google, which includes workshops, talks, and networking opportunities with Google employees and other scholarship recipients.
Exposure to industry experts: The scholarship program provides an opportunity for recipients to interact with industry experts and learn about the latest developments in computer science.
Recognition and validation: Being awarded the scholarship provides recognition and validation for the recipient’s hard work and dedication to computer science, which can boost their confidence and encourage them to continue pursuing their goals.
Community support: Recipients become part of a community of like-minded women in computer science, providing them with a support system and opportunities for collaboration and mentorship.
#see: Aston University Scholarship | Study In The UK 2023
To be eligible for the Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) for Women in Computer Science, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Identify as female.
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in a computer science or related technical field in an eligible university in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa.
- Maintain a strong academic record.
- Demonstrate leadership and passion for computer science and technology.
- Have completed their first year of undergraduate studies by the time of the application deadline.
- Be studying at a university in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa or be a citizen or permanent resident of any country within those regions.
Note that Previous candidates of the scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
The required documents for the Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) for Women in Computer Science application typically include:
Resume/CV: Applicants must submit a current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) that outlines their academic achievements, work experience, extracurricular activities, and any relevant skills and qualifications.
Academic transcripts: Applicants must provide an up-to-date academic transcript that shows their grades and academic standing.
Two letters of recommendation: Applicants are required to provide two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to their academic or professional achievements and potential.
Responses to essay questions: Applicants must answer several essay questions that provide insight into their leadership abilities, passion for computer science, and goals for the future.
Optional video or additional information: Applicants may have the option to submit a short video or additional information that showcases their skills, experience, or projects related to computer science.
How To Apply Online
To apply for the Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) for Women in Computer Science, follow these steps:
- Ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria for the scholarship before applying.
- Create a Google account: If you don’t already have one, create a Google account. This will allow you to access the scholarship application form.
- Once you have access to the application form, fill it out completely and accurately. Be sure to provide all the required information and documents.
- Before submitting your application, double-check all the information and documents you have provided. Make sure everything is correct and complete, and then submit your application.
- After you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email from Google. Scholarship recipients will be notified via email as well, usually in the spring following the application deadline.
#see: International Entrance Student Scholarships at Humber College | Study In Canada 2023
May 16th, 2023 at 6:59 AM GMT