The University of Alabama (UAB) is pleased to announce scholarships for international undergraduate students who wish to pursue degree programs in the United States. This opportunity provides students with a chance to win a scholarship offered by the university.
The UAB International Scholarship is valued at US $7,500 per year and is available to first-year, full-time undergraduate students. To be eligible, applicants must have graduated from a secondary or high school within the past two years, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0/4.0.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is the sponsor of these scholarships, which will be taken at the university itself. The scholarships are tuition awards worth $7,500 each. Multiple awards will be granted, making this a great opportunity for many international students.
The UAB Scholarships for International Students are specifically aimed at undergraduate students. Thus, those who have completed their high school education and wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in the United States are encouraged to apply.
In order to be considered for these scholarships, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Applicants must be international students.
2. Students must have been admitted to an undergraduate degree program.
3. The scholarship is available for undergraduate courses offered at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
4. Selection is based on academic merit.
5. The scholarship is awarded to students enrolling full-time in the Honors program during the semester for which the scholarship is granted.
6. Applicants must have a high school certificate or an equivalent qualification.
7. Candidates must demonstrate high motivation, responsibility, and the ability to work independently in a structured manner. They should also possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
9. The application process is based on merit and evidence of leadership.
10. Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
To apply for these scholarships, students have two options:
1. Through the institutional application: Students can apply online using the UAB institutional application form. Only one application should be submitted.
2. Through the Common Application: Alternatively, students can apply through the Common Application, which is accepted by UAB.
When applying to UAB, students are required to submit the following documents:
1. A completed application form.
2. A non-refundable $40 application fee, payable by credit or debit card, or an application fee waiver.
3. An official high school transcript.
4. Official ACT or SAT scores: Test scores included on an official high school transcript or submitted directly from ACT or College Board are considered official for admission purposes.
5. UAB accepts both mailed and electronic transcripts. For mailing transcripts, students should send them to the following address:
6. Transcripts must be sent directly to UAB from the institution to be considered official. If transcripts are sent through a secured transcript service such as Parchment, eScrip, or National Student Clearinghouse, students should select the University of Alabama at Birmingham from the vendor’s dropdown menu.
The application deadlines for these scholarships are as follows: April 1, May 1, and November 1. Students should ensure that their applications are submitted before these deadlines to be considered for the scholarships.
The UAB Scholarships for International Students provide a valuable opportunity for international undergraduate students to pursue their education in the United States.
With a generous scholarship amount of $7,500 per year, students can receive financial support to help them achieve their academic goals at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Interested students should review the eligibility criteria and complete the application process before the specified deadlines to be considered for these scholarships.