The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships is excited to announce the opening of applications for the 2024/2025 phase of the program. This prestigious scholarship offers an exceptional opportunity for students from the West African sub-region to pursue their dreams of studying at the renowned University of Oxford with full sponsorship.
The scholarship is open to graduate students from diverse backgrounds, making it a remarkable opportunity for aspiring change-makers.
– Sponsor: Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG)
– University: University of Oxford, United Kingdom
– Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
– Worth: The scholarship covers full tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses, providing comprehensive financial support.
– Number of Awards: Several scholarships will be awarded to outstanding candidates.
– Study Level: Masters degree level
– Eligible Nationalities: West African States (e.g., Nigeria and Ghana)
About The AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025
The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) is committed to driving transformation in the public sector by empowering exceptional young talents. For five consecutive years, starting from 2017, AIG will finance five grants annually for remarkable West African students from diverse backgrounds who share a passion for the public sector.
These scholars will have the opportunity to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the prestigious Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford. Upon graduation, AIG Scholars are expected to apply their learned knowledge and skills as change specialists in their home countries’ public sector.
To be eligible for the AIG Scholarship program, aspiring candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. Nigerian Public Sector Employees: Applicants must be working in the public sector at either Federal or State levels in Nigeria. This includes Ministries, Departments, Agencies, and Parastatals.
2. Age Requirement: Aspirants should be between 25 and 45 years old.
3. Work Experience: Candidates must possess a minimum of seven (7) years of combined private and public sector work experience.
4. Educational Background: Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification. In the case of candidates with second-class upper qualifications, having a Master’s, second degree, or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
How To Apply
To apply for the Fully Funded AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025, interested and eligible candidates must complete an online application form. Detailed instructions and the application link can be found on the official AIG website.
The application deadline for the AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025 is September 15th, 2023. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications well online before the deadline.
1. Selection Priorities: Academic distinction and leadership potential are of utmost importance during the selection process. Candidates with outstanding academic achievements and a strong leadership track record will be given priority.
2. Communication with Applicants: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next stage of the selection process. Any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited.
3. Application Submission: Applications must be submitted online; those sent via post or in person will not be accepted.
4. Final Selection: Finalists who emerge from the AIG selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. The School will consider AIG finalists for the Master of Public Policy program.
The AIG Scholarships provide an incredible opportunity for young talents to contribute to the development of Africa’s public sector while pursuing their dreams of academic excellence at the prestigious University of Oxford. If you meet the eligibility criteria and possess the passion to make a difference, seize this opportunity and apply for the Fully Funded AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025.
The application window is open until September 15th, 2023. Apply now!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarship program?
The AIG Scholarship program is a fully funded initiative aimed at empowering outstanding West African graduate students between the ages of 25 and 45 to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the prestigious Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford. The program aims to nurture change specialists who will contribute to the development of Africa’s public sector upon graduation.
2. Who is eligible to apply for the AIG Scholarships?
The scholarship is open to Nigerian citizens currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either the Federal or State levels. Applicants should be between 25 and 45 years old, have a minimum of seven (7) years of combined private and public sector work experience, and hold a bachelor’s degree with at least a second-class upper qualification.
3. What expenses does the AIG Scholarship cover?
The AIG Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that covers all tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses for the duration of the Master of Public Policy program at the University of Oxford.
4. How many scholarships are available for the 2024/2025 phase?
Several scholarships will be awarded to outstanding candidates for the 2024/2025 phase of the AIG Scholarship program.
5. What are the key selection criteria for the AIG Scholarships?
The AIG Scholarship program prioritizes candidates with strong academic achievements, leadership potential, and a passion for contributing to the development of Africa’s public sector. Academic distinction and leadership skills play a crucial role in the selection process. Candidates with second-class upper qualifications should also have additional qualifications, such as a Master’s degree or relevant professional certifications, to strengthen their application