Applications are now open for the Bangor University Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship for the academic session 2023 – 2024. This scholarship is an excellent opportunity for talented and qualified candidates who aspire to pursue a master’s degree in the UK.
The Commonwealth Scholarship aims to empower individuals with the knowledge and skills needed for sustainable development, especially those who may not have the financial means to study in the UK.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), UK
Host Institution(s): Prifysgol Bangor University, UK
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Details of the Bangor University Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship
This scholarship is generously funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). It is designed to support talented individuals in acquiring the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, with a focus on those who may face financial barriers to studying in the UK.
To be considered for the Prifysgol Bangor University Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be citizens of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
2. They must be permanent residents of an eligible Commonwealth country.
3. Applicants should be ready to commence their academic studies in the UK at the beginning of the UK academic year in September 2024.
4. By September 2024, they should hold a first-degree qualification of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard or a second-class degree (2:2) along with a relevant postgraduate qualification, typically a Master’s degree. It’s important to note that the CSC typically does not fund a second UK Master’s degree, so applicants seeking this should provide a clear justification for their choice.
5. They should demonstrate a lack of financial means to pursue their studies in the UK without this scholarship.
6. Applicants must provide all required supporting documentation in the specified format.
7. Candidates are encouraged to consult the nominating agency for specific application guidance, rules, and eligibility criteria.
Successful recipients of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship will receive a comprehensive package of benefits, including:
1. Coverage of approved tuition fees.
2. Round-trip airfare from their home country to the UK and back at the conclusion of their award (note that the CSC does not reimburse fares for dependents or travel made before the award is confirmed).
3. A monthly stipend (living allowance) of £1,347.
4. An allowance for warm clothing, where applicable.
5. A thesis grant to support the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, if applicable.
6. A study travel grant to assist with the cost of study-related travel within the UK or abroad.
Applicants are required to submit their applications through the CSC’s online application system. It’s important to note that candidates must first apply through one of the following nominating bodies, as the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
1. National nominating agencies (this is the primary application route).
This scholarship presents a remarkable opportunity for international students to pursue their master’s studies in the UK fully funded. Don’t miss the chance to apply and further your academic and career aspirations.