The Central European University (CEU) offers a variety of scholarships and financial aid options for students. These include:
- CEU Merit Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence and are available to all admitted students, regardless of their country of origin or field of study.
- CEU Need-Based Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded based on financial need and are available to admitted students who demonstrate a financial need.
- CEU Regional Scholarships: These scholarships are available to students from specific regions, such as the Western Balkans or the Eastern Partnership countries.
- CEU Program-Specific Scholarships: Some CEU programs, such as the Environmental Sciences and Policy program, have additional scholarships available for students.
About Central European University
The Central European University (CEU) is an international graduate-level university located in Budapest, Hungary. It was founded in 1991 by George Soros and offers graduate and post-graduate programs in a wide range of academic disciplines, including the humanities, social sciences, law, public policy, management, environmental sciences and mathematics.
CEU is accredited both in the United States and in Hungary, and its degrees are recognized worldwide.
CEU is known for its commitment to academic excellence, diversity and critical thinking, and it has a diverse student body from over 130 countries. The university has a strong focus on interdisciplinary research, and it has a number of research centers and institutes that cover a wide range of topics, such as human rights, energy and environmental policy, and the study of Europe.
CEU is also known for its commitment to social justice and human rights, with a number of initiatives and programs aimed at promoting these values. The university is particularly active in Central and Eastern Europe, and it has a number of partnerships with organizations and institutions in the region.
In recent years, the Hungarian government has created laws which force CEU to leave the country or to change its operation, which caused a lot of controversies, but CEU still continues its operations in Vienna, Austria, and online.
The Central European University (CEU) offers a variety of scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate students, each with specific requirements. Here is a list of some of the scholarships offered by CEU and their general requirements:
- Open Society Foundations (OSF) Scholarships: This scholarship is open to students from the CEU priority regions who demonstrate financial need.
- Erasmus+ Scholarships: These scholarships are open to students from Erasmus+ program countries who are admitted to a CEU program.
- CEU Excellence Scholarships: These scholarships are open to outstanding students admitted to a CEU graduate program, who demonstrate academic excellence and financial need.
- CEU Need-Based Scholarships: These scholarships are open to students who demonstrate financial need and are admitted to a CEU program.
- CEU Alumni Scholarships: These scholarships are open to students who have graduated from a CEU program and are admitted to another CEU program.
It’s worth noting that CEU scholarships are highly competitive, and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee a scholarship. More detailed information of each scholarship including specific application requirements, deadlines, and amounts can be found on the university’s website.
The required documents for a Central European University (CEU) scholarship application will vary depending on the specific scholarship you are applying for, but generally, you will be asked to provide the following:
- A completed scholarship application form
- A copy of your passport or national ID card
- A copy of your academic transcripts and diploma(s)
- A statement of purpose, outlining your academic and professional goals and how the scholarship will help you achieve them
- A CV or resume
- English language proficiency test scores (if required by the program)
- Financial aid statement or proof of financial need
- Letters of recommendation (usually 2-3)
Any additional documents specified in the scholarship application instructions
It’s important to submit all the required documents by the deadline, as incomplete applications will not be considered. And also make sure to provide accurate and complete information in the application, as any false or misleading information may result in disqualification.
How To Apply Online
To apply for a scholarship at Central European University (CEU) online, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the university’s website and navigate to the Admissions section.
- Click on the Scholarships and Financial Aid link to find information about available scholarships and the application process.
- Create an account on the university’s online application system.
- Fill out the online application form, including personal information, educational background, and financial information.
- Upload the required documents, such as transcripts, a statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation.
- Submit the application and pay the application fee (if applicable).
- Track the status of your application through the online application system.
August 15, 2023 (23:59, Central European Time)