The Heinrich Boll Foundation awards scholarships to German and international students, graduates, and PhD students from all disciplines who are pursuing post-graduate studies in Germany.
These scholarships are intended to support individuals who demonstrate a commitment to the principles and values of the foundation and who have an excellent academic record.
The scholarship covers the cost of living, health insurance and a study allowance. The scholarship is awarded for one year, and can be extended for a maximum of two additional semesters.
About Heinrich Boll Foundation
The Heinrich Boll Foundation is a German non-profit organization that was established in 1977 as a political legacy of the German writer and environmental activist Heinrich Boll.
The foundation is affiliated with the German Green Party and works to promote the values of democracy, social justice, and environmental sustainability. It is one of the largest and most well-known political foundations in Germany.
The foundation’s main areas of focus are:
- Climate and Energy: working to promote a rapid transition to a sustainable energy system, and to combat the effects of climate change
- Gender Democracy: working for gender equality, and to promote the rights of women and marginalized groups
- International Relations: working to promote democracy, peace, and human rights in other countries
- Society and Politics: working to promote an open and pluralistic society, and to strengthen the foundations of democracy
The foundation also awards scholarships to German and international students, graduates, and PhD students from all disciplines who are pursuing post-graduate studies in Germany.
Additionally, it provides funding for research, publications and events, as well as political education, mentoring and networking opportunities.
The Heinrich Boll Foundation has offices in many countries, including Germany, Europe and North America, and has partner organizations around the world.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a German or international student, graduate, or PhD student
- Be pursuing post-graduate studies in Germany
- Have an excellent academic record
Show commitment to the principles and values of the Heinrich Boll Foundation
To apply for the Heinrich Boll scholarship, you will need to complete the online application form on the foundation’s website. The application form will require you to provide personal information, educational background, and financial information.
You will also need to submit a CV, a letter of motivation, and letters of recommendation.
To apply for a scholarship from the Heinrich Boll Foundation, you will need to submit the following required documents:
- Completed online application form
Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of motivation: outlining your academic and career goals and how the scholarship will help you achieve them
Certificates and transcripts of your previous academic qualifications
- Letters of recommendation: typically two letters are required, and should come from academic or professional references
- Proof of enrolment or acceptance at a German university, if applicable
- Proof of German language proficiency, if applicable
- Other documents that may be required, depending on the program or scholarship you are applying for, such as a research proposal or portfolio.
It’s important to check the foundation’s website for the information regarding the application deadline and specific requirements for scholarships, as well as for any additional or optional documents that may be required.
How To Apply Online
To apply for a scholarship from the Heinrich Boll Foundation online, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the foundation’s website and navigate to the Scholarships section.
- Review the information about the available scholarships and the eligibility criteria.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button to access the online application form.
- Create an account on the online application system.
- Fill out the online application form, providing your personal information, educational background, and financial information.
- Upload the required documents, such as your CV, letter of motivation, certificates and transcripts, and letters of recommendation.
- Submit the application form and pay the application fee (if applicable).
- Track the status of your application through the online application system.
1st March 2023