Robert S McNamara Fellowship Program
The Robert S McNamara Fellowship Program is a program that provides financial support to young professionals from developing countries to pursue a Master’s degree in a development-related subject at a World Bank-affiliated university.
The program aims to build a new generation of leaders in development and provide them with the knowledge and skills to contribute to the economic and social development of their countries.
About World Bank-affiliated University
A World Bank-affiliated university is a university that has a partnership or agreement with the World Bank to support its development goals through education and research programs. Some examples of World Bank-affiliated universities include:
- Harvard Kennedy School
- University of Oxford
- Georgetown University
- University of Cambridge
- Sciences Po
- London School of Economics
- National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies
- University of California, Berkeley
- Duke University
- Peking University
Note: This list is not exhaustive.
#see: Excelsior Scholarship 2023 | Study In New York
The benefits of the Robert S McNamara Fellowship Program include:
- Financial support for a Master’s degree in a development-related subject.
- Networking opportunities with World Bank staff and other development professionals.
- Opportunities to gain practical experience through internships and work placements.
- Career development opportunities in the field of development.
- Access to World Bank knowledge and resources.
- Opportunities to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
To be eligible for the Robert S McNamara Fellowship Program, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen and resident of a World Bank member developing country.
- Aged 35 years or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to development.
- Able to demonstrate financial need.
- Proficient in English, as all program activities are conducted in English.
- Not a recipient of another scholarship or financial assistance that fully covers the costs of a Master’s degree.
The following documents are required to apply for the Robert S McNamara Fellowship Program:
- Completed online application form.
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé.
- Official transcripts of all university-level studies.
- Two letters of reference.
- A statement of purpose outlining your motivation to pursue a Master’s degree in a development-related subject, your career goals, and how the program will contribute to your development.
- Proof of English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, or other English language test scores).
- Evidence of financial need (e.g. income tax return, salary statement, or letter from your employer).
How To Apply Online
The application process for the Robert S McNamara Fellowship Program is as follows:
- Visit the official program website to obtain information on the program, eligibility criteria, and application process.
- Complete the online application form, including personal details, educational and professional background, and financial information.
- Submit the required documents, such as your CV/résumé, transcripts, letters of reference, statement of purpose, and proof of English language proficiency.
- Wait for a decision on your application. If selected, you will be notified of your acceptance and provided with further information on next steps.
#see: Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2023 | For Hispanics
It is advisable to carefully read and follow the instructions on the program’s website to ensure that your application is complete and meets all requirements.
April 4, 2022.