The Swedish Institute (SI) offers scholarships for global professionals through the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) program.
These scholarships are intended for international students and professionals who want to pursue a Master’s degree program at a Swedish university. The program aims to support individuals who can contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries.
The scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, travel costs, and insurance for the duration of the study program. They also include a study visit to Sweden and a leadership development program.
The eligibility criteria for the SISGP scholarship include:
- The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- The applicant must have at least three years of relevant work experience
- The applicant must be a citizen of and residing in one of the eligible countries
- The applicant must apply to and be accepted to a Master’s degree program at a Swedish university
In addition to the above-mentioned criteria, other factors such as academic excellence, leadership potential, and the relevance of the chosen program to sustainable development are also considered in the selection process.
To apply for the SISGP scholarship, interested individuals should fill out the online application form on the Swedish Institute’s website and submit it along with all the required documents. The application period and deadline may vary depending on the country, so it is recommended to check the specific information on the SI website.
About The Swedish Institute
The Swedish Institute (SI) is a government agency in Sweden that aims to promote international exchange and cooperation, particularly in the areas of culture, education, research, and business. The Institute was established in 1938 and has its offices in Stockholm, Sweden.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) is a program run by the Swedish Institute that provides scholarships for international students and professionals to pursue a Master’s degree program at a Swedish university. The scholarships are intended to support individuals who can contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries.
The program covers tuition fees, living expenses, travel costs, and insurance for the duration of the study program. It also includes a study visit to Sweden and a leadership development program.
The scholarship is open for citizens of selected countries and territories, and the selection process is based on factors such as academic excellence, leadership potential, and the relevance of the chosen program to sustainable development.
The Swedish Institute also provides other scholarships and programs such as the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS), the Swedish Institute Visiting Scholars (SIVS), and the Swedish Institute Management Program (SIMP) which are open for international students and professionals as well.
The SI also works closely with other organizations such as the Swedish government, universities, and foundations to support the international exchange of knowledge and ideas, and to strengthen the relationships between Sweden and other countries.
To apply for a scholarship from the Swedish Institute for Global Professionals, you will typically need to provide the following documents:
- A completed scholarship application form
- A personal letter explaining your motivation for applying and how the scholarship will help you achieve your goals
- A detailed CV or resume
- Copies of your academic transcripts and degrees
- Proof of English proficiency (if the program is taught in English and you are not a native speaker)
- Letters of recommendation (usually two)
- Any additional documents required by the specific program or institution you are applying to
Note that the requirement may be different from different programs and institutes. It is always recommended to check the official website of the scholarship for more information.
How To Apply Online
Here are the general steps for applying for a scholarship online:
- Research and find the scholarship that best fits your qualifications and interests.
- Gather all the required documents and information, such as your academic transcripts, CV, personal statement, and letters of recommendation.
- Go to the scholarship’s official website and find the online application form.
- Fill out the application form with accurate and complete information, making sure to include all required attachments.
- Review your application carefully before submitting it.
- Submit the application by the deadline.
- Follow up with the scholarship committee if you haven’t heard back after a reasonable amount of time.
It’s important to note that each scholarship program may have different application procedures and deadlines, so be sure to read the guidelines carefully and follow them exactly.
28 February 2023 14:59 CET.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about scholarships from the Swedish Institute for Global Professionals:
What type of programs are covered by the scholarship?
The Swedish Institute for Global Professionals scholarships are intended to support studies, research and professional development in Sweden and are open to students and professionals from around the world.
The scholarships offered by the institute are covering the fields of sustainable development, entrepreneurship, and innovation, and also other fields that align with the institute’s mission.
How long is the scholarship period?
The scholarship period varies depending on the program or course, but most scholarships are awarded for one academic year or semester.
How much funding will I receive?
The amount of funding varies depending on the scholarship, but most scholarships cover tuition fees and living expenses. Some scholarships also provide a travel grant and health insurance.
What are the eligibility criteria?
The eligibility criteria for scholarships from the Swedish Institute for Global Professionals include factors such as academic achievement, professional experience, and language proficiency. It is also important to check the specific requirements of the scholarship you are interested in, as they may vary.
Are there any restrictions on the use of scholarship funds?
The scholarship funds are intended to cover expenses related to your study or research in Sweden, such as tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs. Some scholarships may have additional restrictions or conditions, so be sure to read the guidelines carefully.
How can I apply for the scholarship?
You can apply for scholarships from the Swedish Institute for Global Professionals on the institute’s official website. The application process typically involves filling out an online application form and submitting required documents such as academic transcripts, CV, and personal statement.