The University of York offers Equal Access Scholarships for international students who demonstrate financial need and academic potential. These scholarships are designed to ensure that talented students from all backgrounds have the opportunity to study at York, regardless of their financial situation.
The scholarships are available to international students who have received an offer of admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate program at the University of York. The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees for the duration of the course, as well as a living allowance of £10,660 per year for undergraduate students and £5,000 per year for postgraduate students.
About University Of York
The University of York is a leading public research university located in the city of York, England. It was founded in 1963 and has since grown into one of the UK’s top universities, with a reputation for academic excellence and world-class research.
The University of York is organized into several faculties and departments, offering a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a variety of disciplines, including arts and humanities, social sciences, sciences, engineering, and management.
The university’s research is also highly regarded, with a focus on interdisciplinary and collaborative research in areas such as health, environment, culture, and technology. The University of York is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities in the UK.
The campus is located in a beautiful and historic city, with easy access to a range of cultural and recreational activities. The university also has excellent facilities, including libraries, research centers, sports facilities, and student accommodation.
The University of York’s Equal Access Scholarships for international students offer several benefits, including:
1. Full tuition fee coverage: The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees for the duration of the program, ensuring that students from low-income countries have the opportunity to study at the University of York without worrying about the cost of tuition.
2. Living allowance: The scholarship also provides a living allowance of £10,660 per year for undergraduate students and £5,000 per year for postgraduate students, which can help cover the costs of accommodation, food, and other expenses.
3. Financial support: The scholarship is designed to support students who demonstrate financial need, helping to alleviate the financial burden of studying abroad.
4. Access to world-class education: By receiving an Equal Access Scholarship, students have the opportunity to study at a leading university in the UK, with access to world-class academic resources and facilities.
5. Career opportunities: Graduates from the University of York are highly sought after by employers around the world, and by studying at York, students can increase their chances of securing employment after graduation.
To be eligible for the University of York’s Equal Access Scholarships for international students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be an international student from a low-income country.
2. Have received an offer of admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate program at the University of York.
3. Demonstrate financial need, which may include providing documentation of household income and/or proof of financial support.
4. Meet the academic requirements for their chosen program of study.
5. Not be in receipt of any other scholarship or funding that covers tuition fees and living expenses.
It is important to note that meeting these criteria does not guarantee that an applicant will receive a scholarship, as the number of scholarships available is limited and highly competitive. Applicants will be assessed based on their financial need and academic potential, as well as any additional factors that may be relevant to their application.
To apply for the University of York’s Equal Access Scholarships for international students, applicants will need to provide the following documents:
1. A completed scholarship application form, which can be found on the University of York’s website.
2. Proof of financial need, which may include documentation of household income, bank statements, or other evidence of financial support.
3. Academic transcripts and certificates from all previously attended educational institutions, demonstrating that the applicant meets the academic requirements for their chosen program of study.
4. A personal statement outlining the applicant’s academic achievements, career aspirations, and how the scholarship will enable them to achieve their goals.
5. Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional referees who are familiar with the applicant’s academic potential.
6. A valid passport or other form of identification.
7. English language proficiency test results (if applicable), such as IELTS or TOEFL, to demonstrate that the applicant has the required level of English language proficiency for their chosen program of study.
It is important to note that the specific requirements for the scholarship application may vary depending on the program of study and other factors. Applicants should carefully review the scholarship guidelines and application requirements before submitting their application.
How To Apply Online
To apply for the University of York’s Equal Access Scholarships for international students online, please follow the steps below:
1. Visit the University of York’s website and navigate to the scholarships page.
2. Locate the Equal Access Scholarship for International Students and click on the link to the online application form.
3. Create an account on the scholarship application system, providing your name, email address, and other basic information.
4. Complete the online scholarship application form, providing all required information and uploading supporting documents, such as proof of financial need, academic transcripts, and letters of recommendation.
5. Double-check that all information and documents are correct and complete before submitting your application.
6. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email confirmation.
7. Wait for the scholarship selection committee to review your application. If you are shortlisted, you may be invited for an interview or asked to provide additional information.
8. If you are selected for the scholarship, you will receive an offer letter from the University of York with instructions on how to accept the scholarship and enrol in your chosen program of study.
31 May 2023